PRO-GLUE “HIGH PERFORMANCE” PVA Wood Adhesive: Pre-catalyzed cross-linking polyvinyl acetate adhesive offers fast cure and HPVA Type II water resistance. Excellent spreading and layering characteristics with a very rigid glue line, once cured, making it ideal for vacuum laminating veneers or general woodworking.
Pro-Glue High Performance PVA Wood Adhesive has higher solids content of 68% (normal is 52 to 57%), which prevents bleed through when laminating veneer, is well suited for paper-backed veneer, bent laminations and general woodworking. Larger surfaces can be wetted with multiple thin ‘layers’ of wood glue applied with a foam roller, making the wood adhesive thickness and wetness controllable. At 70°F / 70% RH, there is an open face working time of 10 to 12 minutes before the project needs to be clamped. Some visible adhesive settling in the bottle is normal, so turn or invert bottle to lightly mix prior to application. A warmer curing cycle,such as can be accomplished with our our top of the line Heated/Cold Vacuum Presses and Thermofoil presses, works well with this PVA Wood Adhesive, since the initial attack and set of this adhesive is enhanced and will make a stronger rigid glue line with heat. The press can be warmed by a simple bed heating blanket covered with a reflective or packing blanket which is placed over the clamp jig or vacuum press to assist with the cure cycle. (80° to 90°F ideal)
- 16 oz. Bottle w/glue spreader tip $13.25 each
- 32 oz. Bottle w/glue spreader tip $17.20 each
- 1 Gallon Bottle: $40.40 each
- 5 Gallon Bucket: $145.95 each
- Vacuum forming
- Vacuum laminating
- Wood forming
- Wood laminating
- Wood veneering
- Veneer Softening
- forming of curved components,
- gluing paper backed veneer
- forming metal overlay products
General Performance Guides
- Spread rate is approx 1 cup per 10 square feet.
- 75 °F – 6 hours before unclamping.
- 90 °F – 2 hours before unclamping.
- Full cure is 24-36 hours.